It occurred to me today driving to town past the turning turbines (first time in a week at least) that my attitude toward wind might be in need of an adjustments. After all, wind is FREE energy and unlimited. Yes, there’s that pesky “only when the wind blows”, but when the wind does blow, instead of being annoyed at the waste of money in the projects, it’s time to:
- Crank down that A/C to 65° and enjoy. (summer)
- Crank the heat up to 80° and enjoy. (winter)
- Fire up the arc welder.
- Dry as many loads of clothes as possible in your electric dryer.
- Turn all your lights on.
- Leave the TV, DVD player, computer and all your electronics for the full-time the wind is blowing.
- Charge that electric car, drive around and use up the charge, charge it again, and repeat.
There are reports of wind plants being turned off and the operators paid for electricity they don’t generate due to too much electricity in the system. We must stop this waste of good electricity that has free fuel. We must use as much electricity as possible every time the wind blows. Waste not, want not, right?
So enjoy the days when you can use all the electricity you want, brought to you by wind plants.